Today I delivered the second part of my masterclass at South Wigston High School. Luckily this school did not break up until the Thursday, so I was able to finish my masterclass as we did not have enough time last week.
So the 2nd part consisted of me showing the students my Amazing Grace arrangement. Out of the 2 sessions, I feel the students were more interested and interactive with this part.
The session went really good, everything was organised well.
However, once we started to sing. We found out that the soprano part was too high for the students. The solution that we came up with was to bring the soprano part down an octave, making it the new alto part, and then making the original alto part the new soprano part. After we did this, it worked really well and was sounding great!